Barton R. Keyes
Bart joined Cooper Elliott in 2011 and has over a decade of experience as a trial lawyer. Bart has represented personal injury, wrongful death, and business clients in trials and arbitrations, obtaining several millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for them.
- Grew up near Cleveland in Painesville, Ohio
- Lives in Columbus with his wife and three children
- Attended law school at The Ohio State University
- Has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star
I’ve witnessed firsthand what can happen when good people are taken advantage of and don’t have a strong advocate fighting for their rights. My goal is to make sure this doesn’t happen to my clients.
Representative Verdicts and Settlements
for business owners defrauded in the sale of their business.
award achieved in ownership dispute.
for a CEO who was terminated without cause.
for a brain injury and other injuries caused by a defective amusement ride.
for the family of a 4-year-old child killed by a stove that the apartment complex had not secured.
for a woman who was sexually assaulted.
for our client who was riding a bike and run over by a bar employee driving after his shift.
maximum statutory damages plus additional recoveries for two exonerees who served 10 years wrongfully convicted of child sex abuse
*The outcome of any client’s case will depend on the particular legal and factual circumstances of the case.
- State of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- American Association for Justice
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Case Western Reserve University
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
Ready to talk?